Someone posted a link to this article in a Facebook group I’m in and it is such a wonderful mixture of fundamentalism, pseudoscience, numerology, random capslock, and stupidity that I just had to share it with you all. It’s absolutely full of amazing bullshit, but the author does us the favor of summarizing with a hand top ten list (#6 is my favorite):
TOP REASONS FOR CHRISTIANS TO RE-EMBRACE 432 HZ INSTEAD OF THE HARMFUL 440 HZ.
1. 432 hz. is the governing frequency of the created universe as measured by planetary alignments and orbital movements.
2. The Ancient COVENANT HEBREWS used 432 hz. tuning on their instruments, and it became the basis of WORSHIP and OBLATIONS in the Hebrew Temple and Tabernacle, and later, the standard keynote pitch of Christian music worldwide.
3. Despite over 40,000 petitions from musicians to have international concert pitch remain unaltered at A=432Hz, concert pitch was changed to A=440Hz in October of 1953 by the International Standards Organization (ISO). If something’s clearly not broken, and people are happy with it, why try to change it?
4. Maria Renold’s book “Intervals Scales Tones and the Concert Pitch C=128hz” shows rather conclusive evidence that 440Hz and raising concert pitch above scientific “C” Prime=128hz (Concert A=432hz) “disassociates the connection of consciousness to the body and creates anti-social conditions in humanity”.
5. Many professional musicians have declared that A=432hz music seems to them to be non localized in nature, and can appear to fill a room, whereas A=440hz can perceived as directional or linear in sound propagation.
6. If Hitler, Goebbles, Rockefeller and Rothschild were proponents of 440 hz., is it really peaceful and beneficial to human beings?
7. The original Stradivarius violins were designed to be tuned to A432 ONLY. Many professional musicians have complained that the raising of concert pitch to 440 hz. or higher caused undue stress or warping of their expensive acoustic instruments such as their Stradivarius violins, and that 440 hz damages a singers vocal chords especially those of professional opera singers.
8. Dr. John Coleman in his seminal book “The Committee of 300″ documented the “elitists” desire to control the collective consciousness of humanity. Their use of A=440Hz as “pitch control in mass media” pushed hourly and daily through radio & television as the “British Invasion” of Rock & Roll was, according to Dr. Coleman, intentionally designed to create anti-social behaviors and to increase chronic disease states in the general public.
9. The inventor of the Cymascope, John Stuart Reid declared on his Facebook page: ““432Hertz is a harmonic of light frequency – it ‘speaks’ or ‘resonates’ directly with our cells. All cells communicate with each other via infrared light so I imagine that when they receive music in 432 Hertz they are in joy. The conscious ‘you’ may not be aware of this, but most of what goes on in our bodies is sub conscious, thankfully! You can read more about how all sounds create infra red light in the physics section of our web site CymaScope™ ”
10. 432 is THE ONLY resonant frequency that is capable of naturally reproducing what is called the “Pythagorean Musical Spiral” in the water of the human cell. Its the same sequence of growth that all life follows. It utilizes the formula of “Phi” also know as the “Golden Mean” and is also found in the “Fibonacci sequence” throughout all of nature.
11, The notes that come out in the A = 432 scale end up as mostly, whole numbers, and are divisible by 3. John Stuart Reid quotes, using the Cymascope/cymatics technology: “432 Hertz pops out as a triangle, every time we image it. We thought there was something wrong with the Cymascope, but after trying for more than an hour we concluded that the number 3 was somehow universally connected to 432 Hertz.”
12. According to the harmonic principle by which any produced sound automatically resonates all the other multiples of that frequency, when we play C at 256 Hz, (when A is tuned to 432 hz) the C of all other octaves also begins to vibrate in “sympathy” and so, naturally, the frequency of 8Hz is also sounded. This is why (together with many other mathematical reasons) the musical pitch tuned to 432 oscillations per second is known as the “scientific tuning.” This “scientific” tuning was unanimously approved at the Congress of Italian musicians in 1881 and recommended by the physicists Joseph Sauveur and Felix Savart as well as by the Italian scientist Bartolomeo Grassi Landi. In contrast, the frequency chosen in London in 1953 as the worldwide reference frequency and which all music today has been tuned to, has come to be defined as ‘disharmonic’ because it has no scientific relationship to the physical laws that govern our universe, and exhibits no “Harmonic Principle” of the sacred number 8.
Call me convinced!